RedPrairie is now live in both of Japan’s warehouses
After the back-to-back implementation of RedPrairie in three of seven markets in Asia Pacific, the Project team, consisting of BSI, Corporate, Regional IT and Market teams, added another feather to their caps with the RedPrairie go-live implementation in Kobe Regional Distribution Center (KRDC) on 11 September 2017, followed by Hachioji Regional Distribution Centre (HRDC) on 16 October 2017.
Japan is the fourth market in APAC to implement RedPrairie, after Philippines, Indonesia and Korea.
“What a journey it has been – with everyone coming together and sharing the same sense of commitment and solidarity in making this happen. The 10-month solid teamwork, in addition to Japan’s proactive 1-year pre-work has brought us to where we are today,” said Atsushi ‘Ash’ Suzuki, BSI Director.
Meanwhile, Distribution Manager for Amway Japan, Tetsuya Hazeki, who was instrumental in leading the RedPrairie implementation in Japan, commended everyone for their hard work and dedication.
“My heartfelt gratitude to all the stakeholders who cooperated greatly for the success of this project. Not only has it changed our Warehouse Management System (WMS), but it has also brought significant impact to the way we manage inventory at Amway Japan, including the elimination of dummy SKUs,” said Hazeki-san as he is fondly known.
Latest Update for RedPrairie
- RedPrairie Kobe RDC and Hachioji RDC launched on 11 September and 16 October respectively.
- Kobe RDC and Hachioji RDC successfully exited Hypercare on 6 October and 14 November respectively.
- RedPrairie Thailand in development phase with C&V (Configuration & Validation) happening between 20 November and 22 December.
- JDE went live for MY and SG on 30th Oct 2017
- Item cleansing for Thailand has started and is in progress
- Dummy SKU discussion with Thailand team will begin at the end of December between the JDE and market teams