Thrilling Ride for RedPrairie Rollouts in Thailand and Vietnam
There are only two countries left for the RedPrairie rollouts this year; i.e. Thailand and Vietnam. The project kicked off 2018 with the OCM Deep Dive in Thailand in January, followed by Vietnam in March. Thailand went live with JDE (Item Master Management) on 11 April, and is progressing well towards meeting the expected Go-Live on 21 May.
Activities in Thailand:
- 8 January: OCM Deep Dive – an overview of OCM (Organizational Change Management) and how OCM will support RP’s implementation in Amway Thailand. Key management members and SMEs were present.
- 9 to 26 January: SME Training – a full day system training session attended by appointed SMEs. Training was conducted by RP's regional trainers.
- 29 January to 2 March: System Integration Testing (SIT) – to test the integration between RP with other existing systems by the SMEs with the support of Project Team
- 19 to 21 February: Team visit to Busan warehouse for a live view of RedPrairie operation
- 26 March to 20 April: User Acceptance Testing (UAT) – the last phase of system testing by SMEs; to test system’s functions in real-world scenarios
"As one of the SMEs for RedPrairie in Thailand, I want to say to all of the team members, please don’t be afraid of changes! At first, it may seem like a difficult task to learn a new system, but we are here to support you. It is a journey to learn and we can make it happen."
~ Itsarase Tha-Ju, Outbound Warehouse Manager (Amway Thailand)
- 24 and 25 February: Teambuilding session at Kud Island to increase awareness and engagement on RP
- 5 to 23 March: End to End Testing (E2E) – three rounds of system testing to test the flow of the system; conducted after working hours
- 11 April: JDE Item Master Goes Live – 803 local items from Thailand have been transferred into JDE Item Master to create a single source of accurate and consistent core master data across the system, which will enable a better control of data quality while enhancing accuracy, visibility and reliance of data.
Activities in Vietnam:
- 20 March: OCM Deep Dive – an overview of OCM and how it supports the RP implementation. This was conducted by the OCM team to Amway Vietnam’s management and SMEs, which was also attended by Leo Boon Wang, General Manager for Amway Vietnam
- 26 March to 11 April: SME Training – a full day system training session attended by seven appointed SMEs in Vietnam
- 17 April to 25 May: System Integration Testing (SIT) – to test the integration between RP with other existing systems by the SMEs with the support of Project Team
"We have just completed our SME training, and I have to say we are very excited! This is our chance to be on par with other leading companies in the world. From our training I can say RP will definitely simplify and standardize our processes and this is the best way to go for Amway Vietnam. I’m looking forward for our sessions with the end users to share the knowledge we have acquired."
~ Dao Nguyen Duc Tieu (Supply Operation Manager, Amway Vietnam)